The Coastal Plains Association of REALTORS® (CPAR) is a professional trade organization chartered by the National Association of REALTORS® on November 2, 1949, making it one of the oldest such Associations in the State of North Carolina.
The purpose of the Coastal Plains Association of REALTORS® (CPAR) is to enhance the ability and opportunity of its members to conduct their business successfully and ethically, and to promote the preservation of property values by defending the right to own, lease, use and transfer real property in a free enterprise system.
- To promote and maintain high standards of conduct in the real estate profession as expressed in the Code of Ethics of the National Association of REALTORS®.
- To provide a unified medium for real estate owners and those engaged in the real estate profession whereby their interests may be safeguarded and advanced.
- To further the interest in home and other real property ownership
- To unite those engaged in the real estate profession in the Coastal Plains Association of REALTORS®, the North Carolina Association of REALTORS® and the National Association of REALTORS®, thereby furthering their own objectives throughout the state and union.
- To designate, for the benefit of the public, these individuals within its jurisdiction to use the term “REALTOR®” as licensed, prescribed and controlled by the National Association of REALTORS®.
The affairs of CPAR are governed by a Board of Directors elected annually and is committed to enhancing the careers of its members and the service they provide to their clients and customers.